Monday, January 15, 2007

snowmen, pedals, and stripey tights




We've got snow here this week again. During the last snowfall our downstairs neighbours built a great snowman in the front yard and it became a daily activity to check in on it. This time when Sophia woke up to snow she looked outside and said "Where's the snowman?" I had to explain that they don't just come down with the snow, that someone has to build them. We decided to build these ones out of playdough. They are a Daday snowman and a Sophia snowman. Please note the Daddy snowman's dreads.



Speaking of Daddies, there was much joy in our house this week when we figured out there was enough money in the "gear" savings account to buy the bass guitar pedal Wade has been dreaming of for four years. This is the moment when Wade brought it home and told Sophia it was a new toy. She began jumping up and down and said, "Play your guitar, Dad! Make a party dance! Make a party dance!"



When we were on tour in 2003 there was a little girl we loved who always wore fabulous stripey tights. I remeber thinking if I had a little girl I would love her to have some too. Look at that....
By the way, Sophia eats a lot of pretend ice cream. Here's another cone of pretend love.

2 comments:

Heather said...

i cant' believe how big soph is she is just beautiful.. love the stripey tights...love you.

joanna said...

i am so glad you commented! i knew YOU would remember how much i loved Jolene's tights...I love you!
jo