When I wrote last week about our day in emergency with Eleanor, I mentioned that I was meant to have spent that day preparing a sermon. My topic was the passage in Acts 28 where Paul was bitten by a snake and the islanders think he will be poisoned and then he lives. I wound up taking about the way our words can be life or poison.
It did come together well in the end, and my church has our sermons available online, so if you'd like to listen to it you can. It is in two parts and in part one my mic goes out for a bit but comes back. Part one here. Part two here. If that doesn't work, go here.
I just listened to it and it's always weird to listen to yourself, but good. I like knowing what I said. I am so wired when I start talking that I talk really fast. I also apparently say "you know?" and "um" a lot more than I thought I did. I also sound like my friend Jan. Which is good.
Enjoy. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Arghh.I cannot make any of the links work, whether I go Here or here or even here. I was very curious to know whether I would recognize that you sounded like me. Also, i just really wanted to hear one of your sermons period. I shall have to try it on another computer, it could just be that Jaime's laptop will not support it.
Post a Comment