Sunday, February 21, 2010

a conversation

Lately we have been having some issues with spitting. The raspberry, the zrrbt, if you will, out of control. Tonight at dinner Sophia and Eleanor and I were talking about spitting, and I offered the information that in Singapore spitting was against the law. then I told them that chewing bubblegum was against the law.

Shock. Horror. They rarely get bubble gum and it is such a dear treat (Sophia recently triumphantly managed her first bubblegum bubble.)

Me: Really, in Singapore, if you chew gum, the police might come and put you in jail.

Eleanor: And then, if a policeman got me, you would come and take me away from him and then he would cry and cry.

Sophia: And, if you were in jail, you would need some sheep friends, and they would need to know how to weld! (I begin to laugh) A Close Shave! (referencing the jail break scene from the Wallace and Gromit film of that name.)

Eleanor: And then, you would take me away from the policeman and my leg would break and then you would have to glue my leg and put a band-aid on it and the policeman would cry and cry.

I thing that with the gum chewing and welding sheep and leg gluing, we'd be a hit in Singapore.




1 comment:

Lynette Polinder said...

how funny. i love how kid's minds progress. :>)