Friday, December 29, 2006

sophia saves the day

Yesterday night I sat down to sort out some bills from the last month. It was one of those times where I thought we were doing great, better than great with money, and then I managed to forget a few key things and all of sudden there was a heck of a lot less than I thought. Even though we're just fine, the initial realization was such a disaappointment (in myself, mostly) I started to cry. I was trying to cover my eyes and reign it in, when Sophia said "Mum what are you doing?" I told her, "I feel sad and frustrated, because I made a mistake."
Earlier in the day I had given her a little fizzy drink made with a vitamin/homeopathic mix to help her kick a cough she has. She still had some left in her little tin mug and she went and got it off of her high chair tray. She brought it to me and said. "Here, this will feel all better." It was such a lovely thing to do, that it did indeed make me stop crying and I said, "Thank you, I do feel better." She then yelled "Hooray! I saved the day!"
As I feel asleep last night, it was my happy thought.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

jo, that is the sweetest story ever!

hannah said...

aww what a great story. thanks for sharing!

The Rupps said...

so sweet. we miss you and sophia this week!!! it is great to have wade here, but it sure is not the same without you....definitley miss your presence...
love, amanda

Audrey Whitesides said...

wow, just imagine the things she will say in about 10 years!!! can't wait to see her again. miss you tons...