Friday, August 17, 2007

the last month...

Well, I'm back.
I don't know if anyone is still checking this blog, but i think my blog break is done and I've got some stories to tell.

Some highlights of the past month have included:
A trip to Whistler. Here's Soph & The Davies girls there:



I love how Hillary and Jon are smiling at Soph smiling at Tessa who is smiling for the camera...and I think Rebecca is thinking about the time she danced with the fairies.

Audrey came to visit and (of course) got Soph the cutest dress. Soph also happened to name her new toy puppy "Ralph", So here is Soph and Ralph and Audrey's dress after bathtime:



Nice smile, eh? Apparently not so much, as we took her to the dentist and the dentist asked if she sucked her thumb. No. Never. Yeah, so that wicked overbite that you can't really see yet? You know it's bad when on your kids first dental visit the dentist says "Make friends with an orthodontist." Yikes.

Also, last month, Steener, Audge, Jamie, Ange and Leigh were all at my house at the same time. See?:


I wish you were there too.

We went to Alberta and while we were there Wade cooked a meal for his brother's 40th birthday. This is the prep sheet he made of all the things he was cooking and all the ingredients.

http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.photo.gif""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5099901096640163698"
It is only due to breast feeding and genetics I don't weigh 400 lbs.

I also found this bandaid in a random old bandaid collection we inherited. What ARE THESE THINGS ON THE BANDAID CALLED? MY sister Liz had one, I'm sure. Are they Popples? Who knows?



And Eleanor is six months old now. Here she is on her half-birthday.



She really is this happy almost all the time. Except when she is not and then she SCREAMS. In a weirdly connected moment between the last two thoughts, my crazy mom sentence last month was "Don't stick bandaids on Eleanor's face."

We also taught at Mission Adventures twice and when we finished people affirmed us by telling us we were all the things that we have been aiming to be for years. It was such a satisfying moment that it made me realize the days when I am a raving lunatic screaming at my kids are service unto the Lord.

I officially still have a great life.

Later skater.

10 comments:

jamie said...

anyone who doesn't have google reader, should..it tells me when people update their blog so that a) i don't have to check every morning, and b)so I don't miss anything. So - welcome back ;) and YES they are popples ---what fun little memories that brought back! And Eleanor is seriously cute.

Larph said...

elanor is a gorgeous baby - and so tall already!! wow!
i can't wait to meet the REAL ralph - what an honour, also that chick on the left is sooo hot. :p
oooh, and Pageflakes gets my vote - tis a bit more web 2.0 and tres funky.

Heather said...

welcome back.. i have a popple and its purple.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your thoughts!

Krista said...

Definitely Popples. Man I miss those days... I love when old memories like that are brought up. Good times, good times. See you guys at the big shindig on the 1st!

Rachel said...

yay, good to have you back! i have missed your blogging!
love you and miss you!

The Rupps said...

really glad you are back....you were missed! thanks for sharing and it was so fun to see your cute girls :)

hannah said...

I'm so glad you are back!

Leanne said...

yup. my sis had a pink and purple popple. they were the weirdest looking things. and i too....am soooo glad you're back. tell me about the shindig on the first...even tho i can't come.

Rick said...

Hooray, you are posting again!

Now, start working on Wade. :)