Wednesday, April 16, 2008

i made this!

I have officially entered a blogging vortex, where so many things have happened in the last month I am paralyzed to blog about anything because there is so much to say. I even have another post half way done. BUT I decided to break the blog silence because I am looking for some oohs and ahhhs on my latest project. Sewing pretty things for my house is a happy place for me these days.

I found this in an alley.

Then I got some great fabric with the easter money my Mum sent the girls. It's called "Swinger Lollipop". Add the buttons from the original hamper in a different place and the ribbons from Auntie Angee's craft box and ....

5 comments:

Audrey Whitesides said...

thats so cute! i love it!

Angela Oliver said...

OK you are the QUEEN of sewing...seriously this thing rocks. You might have inspired me to try doing that (cause we need a hamper so badly) but then again...I don't have a sewing machine, a wooden hamper to work with, nor the fabric...so I guess I'll just ooh and aww over yours, and hope one appears in my house one day.

You guys feeling better yet? SICKNESS SUCKS!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You. totally. rock. I was just bragging about your creative sewing yesterday. You are such a master at strecthing your resouces and yet always feeling blessed by things God sends your way. Knowing that you don't need to wrestle with the whole 'Am I worthy of the really nice restaurant' thing. I was bragging about what good stewards you are too. Tell Wade that to chop a tuna into steaks you need REALLY sharp knives. And a whole tuna makes your house reealllly smell like fish. And I'm going to send a groovy birthday present for him with Matt next time he comes to you house, which is probably May. I hope he likes it! love your favorite sister Caroline

Leanne said...

um, i just have to say, you are a freakin' rock star! yeah, you just kicked some serious butt in the whole i-made-something-inexpensive-and-it-looks-like-a-million-bucks category! awesome. love you!

Jan said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE IT!!! I want one, seriously, I miss you. I know I keep saying it, but I'm actually going to do something about it one day soon. You'll see. Muahahahahha!