Friday, May 02, 2008

Shileeah Cloeyzander


Sophia read for the first time today. She was pretending to have a dog named J.J., so I wrote a little story and taught her what a couple of the words were and she was able to read it.
"See J.J. run. Run J.J. run! I see J.J. run. J.J. runs. J.J. is dog. See a dog run."
What it lacks in plot was made up for by the excitement of the first read.

She still changes characters about 6 times a day, sometimes from TV and sometimes ones she made up. Today I loved the names she made up so much I wrote them down so I wouldn't forget them. She said that her name was Shileeah Cloeyzander, and that she had a little brother named Raddy and her Mom's name was Sizzler and her Dad's name was Chucky.
She apparently used to live in Australia where she would see Auntie Angee and Uncle Leigh and pet the kangaroos and koalas. When she lived there, one time Murray from the Wiggles loaned her his red guitar and she played in a concert in a stadium with them. She sang "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." She did also fly in Uncle Ben's plane.

Super fun.


2 comments:

Rick said...

Sweet story!
I'm not sure how enthused Wade is to be Chucky and therefore you the "Bride of Chucky" :) But I an very happy to see another early reader.

Angela Oliver said...

that's great! i love this story...
so creative and fun!
auntie angee misses wee soph