Wednesday, August 13, 2008

hey hey

We're back. We had a week vacation in Vernon with our chosen family, the Wilsons and the Alexanders. We've known each other so long and the connections are so many that we just tell the kids "you're cousins". It was fun, fun, fun. Let's just say: beaches, deck, backyard pool, margaritas, cranium, mexican food, waterslides, more margaritas, thai food, orchards, peaches you have to eat over a sink, large amounts of '80's karaoke, greek food, some more margaritas, some more waterslides, some more karaoke.... sigh.

Here's Eleanor and I on the deck at the Wilson's house. By the way, I know I have shown on this blog pics of how much Eleanor looks like Wade, but check this out:

That's me on the right. (Sister Lizzy on the lft, brother Matt down front.) Eleanor-y, huh? Isn't that nuts how she can look so much like BOTH of us? Way to go, God.

P.S. How cool are my parents? This pic is taken in 1974. My Mum is actually wearing a polyester jumpsuit that would fetch a mint today, and my Dad's plaid slacks are amazing. I remember making him throw out the shirt, which was actually kind of sheer, in the '80s. I SO wish I had it now. It was awesome.

We moved Nori downstairs out of our room yesterday into Soph's room. She is exactly 18 months old as of yesterday. Wow. They did pretty well with the new set up. Wade was up 4 times in the night with them - power daddy. If you think of it, can you pray for a smooth transition? We moved S's toddler bed upstairs to our loft so she could have a 'quiet time spot', and we painted the bed. it looks great. Here's pic i took of her while we were painting:


And to continue with the theme of "isn't DNA a wacky thing" here's picture of my Mum and her little sister Trish taken some time in the early 1950's. My Mum is on the left. Fun!

2 comments:

jamie said...

wow she really does look like you when you were little too..that's crazy. Always nice to read your posts!

Anonymous said...

Looking on your facebook photos, one of the other painting photos she really looks like you. Caroline