Saturday, January 31, 2009

look at this

This is Sophia wearing button and zip pants. She used to be afraid of button and zip pants because they bugged her. Now, not only is she wearing them, but today she did up the button and zip all by herself. I know. Stand back.

She has been watching a video from the library called "Get Ready For Kindergarten" where they teach you to tie a bow for your shoes. She has been getting the cross over part, but she hasn't gotten to the bow tying yet. (You know, where you cross the bunny ears.) Today she was pretending to tie this bow, which her dad helped her with. I'll keep you posted on her progress.


3 comments:

Karyn said...

Can you believe we are about to have kids in kindergarten? I go Monday to register Avery.

Is Soph so proud of herself for buttoning and zipping all by herself?

Jan said...

Ahh the coming of age ritual of tieing your own shoelaces. For some reason, almost everyone I know remembers learning to do this. It's wonderful that she is there. I love her.

Rick said...

When I was a little boy, I had a doll named Dapper Dan, who had a zipper, buttons and shoelaces to tie. Mom gave him to me to help me learn how to tie shoelaces, etc..

Mom was so happy when Velcro was invented. :)