Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Sophia!

April 27, 2008

Today, August 26, 2009

I didn't mean to stop blogging, it just sort of happened...

But I'd like to re-commit to starting again, I looked through some old posts today and it's such a great journal of my life with my gorgeous kids. And speaking of kids, we've got another one... Pax Henry Hawk Pallister was born August 12, 2009 and he's a dream.

I'll be posting more about him and our lives these days soon, but for now - this... this little blog started as a celebration of all things Sophia, so here's a shout out to her. In 29 minutes it will be exactly 5 years (August 27 2004, 12:01 am) since this gorgeous child came into the world. She is such a gift to us, and is really coming into her own as a big sister, a big kid, a really enjoyable person too.

Today she put on a dress she was given for her 3rd birthday that was too big for her at the time... I remembered taking a picture of her wearing the dress last year against our kitchen wall and thought I'd take another picture in the same dress in the same spot today to see how she's grown in the last year... can you believe the difference in 16 months? No wonder we think she's getting taller in front of our eyes... because she is.

Happy Birthday Sophia, we love you!!!!


4 comments:

Angela Oliver said...

good grief! Is she really THAT tall already! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOPH! We love you heaps!

Auntie Angie and Uncle Leigh

joanna said...

Ange,
you were the person who I thought this would impact the most - can you believe it? I missed you so much after our talk - painful.... time just flies by.

Jan said...

That is a really cute thing to do Jo. So glad you posted again, finally. Missed you being on here, and want to hear more about Pax and the girls!

Mel said...

Yes! You posted something. I knew I could have faith in you. Happy Birthday, Sophia. You are probably as tall as me. Congratulations on baby Pax. A boy?! What do you do with that? I can't wait to see and hear more about him and the girls on here. Without a facebook, I feel so out of it (but not enough to get one). I miss you all, love you, Mel