Thursday, September 10, 2009

it's your call





Okay folks, I'm now going to take a poll. Over the last two days Wade has worked back-to-back 12 hour shifts. Which of these things makes you most convinced I am just still getting the hang of parenting a newborn (who weighed 12 lbs 8 oz at his check up today!), a very active 2.5 year old and a 5 year old who hardly ever stops talking (for real, she had to hold her breath today to stop herself from talking.)

a) the girls' preschool teacher called and left a message sayng she was so sorry to have sent one of my girls home without their underwear yesterday, she hadn't realized they had gone to the bathroom and left some wet undies in there until after we went home. I had no idea one of them came home with no panties on.

b) tonight we went to get dinner from a drive-thru and I left without my food. I took the drinks and drove off and then Sophia said "we only got water?!" and started to cry. Pax and Eleanor were already crying, hence my already muddled brain. The lady at the drive thru looked HORRIFIED when I went back.

c) I just found the laundry money in the fridge.

5 comments:

J'aime said...

Secret answer D) All of the above!

Angela Oliver said...

BAAHHHAAAA!!!!! so funny!!!!

auntiecaroline said...

Just had to say love the new banner photo. And I have gone to the grocery store bought milk, paid for it and walked out without it. But the time I had three kids in a grocey cart at the bank and they all decided to lean over to one side while I wasn't watching...(I was talking to the teller)Yea that was freaky. But the person at the next teller saw it happening and reached over and turned the cart upright. Just like that. And then turned back to their teller. Yea, angels saving them from the concrete floor. My teller was wide eyed. Angel was pretended nothing really happened. I think she really was a super mom who had older kids and just left her cape at home that day.

Jan said...

Oh yes, like how many times did I put the milk in the cupboard and my wallet in the fridge. The list goes on. I have to say that I too agree that the banner pic is lovely. I find myself just staring at it.

Leanne said...

i just have to laugh. that is hilarious. i thought i had lost my brain by saying things like "peanut....no, you may not eat dakotah's poop!" or getting to work and forgetting if i had forgotten to turn off the curling iron, or go to bed at night and forget if i put the dogs in their kennels. but i think you, my dear...take all! yay for crazy stories!