Tuesday, September 22, 2009

overheard conversations



Sophia's getting a run for her money in the hilarious quote department these days now that Eleanor is chatting fast and furious.

Overheard conversations:

Eleanor: "Give dat Fofie."
Sophia: "What's the magic word?"
Eleanor: "Abracadabra."

While drawing with new markers, Sophia shows off her reading skills...
Sophia: "This colour is called 'Hot Pink' ".
Eleanor: "It going to burn me?"
Soph reassured her it would not.

At preschool prayer time:
Eleanor: "Thank you God for Mama and Daddy and for Mama's boobies."
When her teacher (after recovering) asked why, she said "So Pax can eat and live."

Never to be outdone, today when playing with the new My Little Pony play house, Sophia noticed there was a desk with an office. She told Eleanor that her Little Pony was busy filing her taxes. She also asked me to take a movie of her the other day and, I quote "blog it on facebook." A child of the new millennium, indeed.

Pax has started smiling, and today at his six week check-up, weighed 13 lbs 10 oz. Today I laid him on the floor for some "tummy time". He is so relaxed he lifted his head twice and fell asleep in the middle of the floor. The dude abides.


1 comment:

Jan said...

I'm not sure at all which one I like the best here, but I'm pretty sure I have to go with "abracadabra". I mean, she's right. Sooooo funny.