Tuesday, July 03, 2007

7 tips

Here are some tips I would like to pass on to anyone who would benefit from them.

Tip #1) If you are married and for 9 years your partner (oh let's say, your husband) says you steal the covers every night and you can not convince him it is not a big deal, it is just the way you roll, use your birthday money to buy a king sized quilt for your queen sized bed. In the 10th year of marriage a new era of peace will reign. (Or perhaps, do not wait 9.5 years to embrace the obvious.)

Tip #2) Find a deli that sells really great meat and cheese. Ask them to sell you their cheese & meat ends. You get amazing imported cheese and meat for a low price.

Tip #3) If your 2 year old is having her hair cut and the hairdresser tells you that she has swimmer's hair, pause immediately and think, "Do I care if my two year old has swimmer's hair?" Do not wait to have this thought after you have spent $18.00 on shampoo to prevent swimmer's hair and are in the middle of eating a burrito.

Tip #4) If you add a few drops of red food colouring to whipping cream it turns pink and it makes you feel like you are eating princess food and it just makes you think it tastes better.

Tip #5) Playing hide and go seek with a 2 year old is super easy and satisfying.

Tip #6) If you buy a fresh pineapple and then you cut it up and put crushed fresh mint on it (you can even add a touch of lime juice or brown sugar, but just mint works too) you will be amazed at how great it tastes.

Tip #7) Set a time limit and stick to it when you do stuff. It makes you feel really disciplined, even when you're not. Like I said I would only blog until 11:00 and now it is 11:02 so I will sign off and not re-read this 8 times like I usually do. Only once. I think.

Peace out, cub scout.

3 comments:

jamie said...

okay here's my dilemma.... what if you already have a king size bed and your partner, hypothetically in this case your husband, steels the blankets every time he turns over. Then what??? Am I doomed for life?

Leanne said...

or what if you already have the king sized bed and the king sized comforter...and you're the one that is known to kick the sheets off at random times....any cure for that? btw...i really like the tips. ;)

auntiecaroline said...

oh yea! we usually have two sets of blankets or two comforters. One for each of us. Otherwise Gary freezes all night. Apparently I also too steal covers and roll over. Is this a Payne woman family genetic thing?