If 2007 had a theme for me, it was joy. Our 2nd baby girl, our Joie-baby, came to us, as well as the increasing revelation that in order to really experience joy, I need to be brave enough to be awake to all the tough stuff that life brings too. I am so glad that this was the year we seemed to be ourselves again, to find much joy (at times amid sorrow) and be in a place now to dream bigger dreams.
It is also from this place that I was able to bid farewell to my dearest Angela, going across the water with her man for a rest. What a hole to have inside me; what deep, deep joy I have for you, Ange. I can't wait to see your new home and life in Oz. Happy Birthday today, dear Angie Angie. It is no coincidence that you feature greatly in the following group of my fave snaps of last year.
When Sandra took this picture, our beautiful Eleanor was only a few minutes old. We had her at home and called excited godparents Ange and Leigh to come right over. When they got there, we said, "It's a girl, and if it's alright with you, we'd like to call her Angela Eleanor Joie."
My Dad, Bob at Sophia's 3rd birthday. One of the only photos in existence of him really smiling.
My auntie Gill, my godmother, my friend.
At our 10th wedding anniversary, Kits Beach. We're praying. Or taking a quick nap.
Me and my sister Angela. Sometimes people get us mixed up.
The last time we did this and people banged their glasses for us to kiss, it seemed our hands were more free...
Sophia and my brother (although she insists he is HER brother) Matt.
Out for sushi at the eatery on Leigh's birthday.
Sophia sleeping at "Joie", my cousin Michael's farm and winery.
I know this one was on a recent blog, but it is really a fave....
Christmas Eve. Our girls. (How did we get two - 2! - kids - who are so big and great and funny?) Amazing.HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
*Photos 1 - 7 & 11 are copyright 2007 Sandra Vander Schaaf Photography . If you wish to copy, share, print or use these photos in any way, contact Sandra first for permission. Cheers.
2 comments:
How lovely for me to have this post as a reminder of how privileged I am to have been witness to so many beautiful moments in your life! Beauty!
I tell myself that it's o.k. That you didn't know jaime until she was four and you and she still had/have a profound relationship. There is still time, I tell myself to know your children as well as you know mine. However, it would help if you just didn't live over there!!
Post a Comment