Thursday, January 17, 2008

what we did today

Well, it was a momentous day. After living in our house since July 1, 2006 (the day we started painting) we finally painted the end of the hallway. The end of my hallway holds my laundry area and there is a shelf that is all the linen/household storage I have.

I wanted to take before and after pictures like Heather did with her table, but I had already cleared the shelf by the time I took the picture. So for those of you who had never seen the pit, imagine this shelf complimented with piles of laundry, zip loc bags stuffed every where and jumbled linens all thrown on top. It was nasty!


And now....


I'm so happy!!!! Shout out to the brown boxes Angela gave me..

And speaking of Heather, she made me the most amazing altered canvases for the girls with their full names and meanings on them and we finally hung them today. (Because the tool box was at the office, and then we had no nails and then it was Christmas.)

So here they are...


But then we had to take another picture because Sophia forgot to wear her crown in the first one.


BTW, Eleanor's necklace is one that she puts on herself. She puts on necklaces and scarves and things her own every day, and then climbs onto chairs and sits the right way round and likes to rock. It is pretty great, but the other day her "scarf" was a particularly festive pair of panties...


That's my girl!

4 comments:

Heather said...

thats awesome! it looks amazing. isn't it nice to get projects like that done. i feel like my house is one big project.. will share photos soon. i am so glad the girls like their canvas's. love you lots.

joanna said...

thank you for commenting! i could always count on you for encouragement!

Jan said...

As a fellow to do list junkie (who makes them and then doesn't ever get to more than 1/4 of them) I say Hurrah!!!

Beth said...

It looks like a flower is growing out of her head! They are so adorable! So they get along well? That is so good to hear!