
Soph has suddenly morphed into a 'big kid'. It has to do with her haircut, for sure, but she started taking swimming lessons, wanting to skip rope and write the letters of the alphabet. She went to swimming with Wade and they were both so excited about it. We all went to the pool this week and her confidence level has suddenly jumped WAY up, she's splashing and jumping all over. It was Eleanor's first swim! She was not so jazzed, apparently nursing pool-side in a warm towel is more her speed. I, apparently had nasty, fuzzy, Mum pony-tail hair...I wasn't looking at me :)

Sophia has taken to cheering for the Vancouver Canucks (our local hockey team - in the playoffs now) with Uncle Matt, my brother who lives with us. They put Canucks tattoos every game and have a good time. We take great delight in the fact that when she tries to cheer "Go Canucks Go!" she actually says "Coconuts go! Coconuts go!" She stopped a guy on the street today who was wearing a jersey to show him her Canucks tattoo like his shirt. Slightly bemused twenty-something...very funny.

Soph loves language and sounds. She has now taken to making up words all the time,especially when she wants to express something she doesn't have the vocab for. "This is just my peema pumba bounce." "Did you see that toota teeena?"

Today I wished I had my camera for Audrey. I couldn't find it, and Soph had put my cowboy hat on and was walking around with her dolly named Audrey wrapped up in a tea towel. She came up and said "This is my baby Audrey." (Like we'd never met before) and I just thought how much Audge would have loved to see her right then...keep on bringing Jesus to Japan, Auntie Audy - someone is going to show up for English class one day, for sure!

I would love continued prayer that Soph grows out of the phase of hurting Eleanor. Most of the time she is just over-enthusiastically loving on her, but boredom, fatigue, and jealousy all still lead to a good smack or a scratch for Ella Bella. I do realize this "phase" may last until they are in their twenties, but I choose to be optimistic.

Tomorrow we are having a dedication for Eleanor and I am really excited - all my family but my Hawaii sister are coming...but as I write about Audge and my mind turns to all of you in blog-land I am really, really sad that so many of you I love who were here for Soph's dedication are gone now...I know your love is with us - we miss you! I'll post pictures when I can.
7 comments:
hey jo great post.. in the middle picture it's so funny because matt and soph are so happy and then eleanor is crying..haha so cute
wow, i would really of loved to see her in a cowboy hat!! miss you guys and will be praying blessings over ella!!
hey jo..
from across the pond my prayers are with you all!
i hope today is a special and blessed day!
i have photos of sophs dedication on my laptop that i look at and remember!
i miss you all and cant wait to meet eleanor some day!!
thanks for the soph update...great post!
lots of love!
rach x x x
me too. wish i was there to celebrate but will be praying blessings over you all... can't wait to see you again. love love the pics. soph really is turning into a big girl. missing you all...
thanks guys, today was perfect...the only thing missing was my sister Lizzie and you all... thanks for the love
jo
i miss you even more at times like this. but some part of me realises that it was God's plan to do it this way....even if not all of it was fair. but hey, i got a husband out of the deal...not all bad ;) post more pics of the dedication. i'd love to see them.
yep, that's what makes it bearable...all of you - every one, actually - are where you are supposed to be...i couldn't stand it any other way. i love you too and i will post photos when i get them from the people who took 'em...
jo
Post a Comment