Hmmm...I feel a bit goofy about the level of emotion I expressed yesterday about my furniture. Everything else I still stand by, and writing all that out was helpful - especially expressing what I felt about Andrea; but the furniture is growing on me. I think I need to just change a lamp shade and add a few cushions... you could probably tell that it wasn't the furniture that was the problem. Guilty of BWE (blogging while emotional).
After I posted, had a good cry, Matt and Wade got up and talked to me, and the sun was shining, and Soph said, "I really love this new couch, Mum!" and the guys both looked at me and we all smiled at my freakiness and Soph's loveliness.
Soph woke up from her nap yesterday and said, "Mum, I want a bicycle." It seemed a little out of left field, but I said, "You do have a bicycle, a tricycle actually. We put it away over the winter but I could get it out for you, I bet you could ride it now." She did a long pause and said, "No, Mum, for licking, with a stick."
The light goes on. "OH! You want a Popsicle!" Yeah! Dora purple Popsicles Papa bought us all 'round.
What was cool was that we had remembered the trike and went outside in the sun later and even though it was hard at first, she learned how to work the pedals and we are all triumphant.
Wade is pretty sad about leaving us today, as am I. I think I would fall apart if I was going away from the girls for 3 weeks. So glad Matt is staying with us. I am thinking of how soldier's wives feel when they send their husbands off to war. I would way rather send my husband on a missions trip, especially with one of his best friends to his favourite continent. We'll be fine.
Could someone email me tomorrow and tell me we'll be fine? Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i'm sorry i couldn't write sooner. we just got back from our little weekend away. i will for sure write you an email. yeah, i would love to call, but i think i would get emotional about you getting emotional. anyway, we;ll talk soon.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i miss you guys, i miss your house, and i know your new house and that's so special to me, cause with all the change, i can picture your new house! i would do anything for a cup of coffee with you jo and i would give anything to take soph to the park to play...and i would give anything for a hug from wade...but, i do get to hang out with your old roomie in a bit which is pretty cool!
love you, audi
Oh, Jo. What a time it's been. I've been busier than ever and gripping the edge of the pit with my fingernails these last couple of days and haven't checked your blog six times a day like I usually do. I'm sorry for all that's lost in Andrea's death. Regret is the heaviest of all burdens, I think. I'm going to come over in the next day or so and colour calibrate your computer monitor. We'll talk about the furniture, about Andrea, about hope in all things, even Kelly green things and goodbyes. IT IS GOING TO BE ALRIGHT. You're not alone in any sense of the word and I pray against any lie that tries to undermine that assurance. (Wow. I think that's exactly what I needed to hear, myself!) I love you.
-S.
Post a Comment