
Since Sophia was a baby, she likes to be up at the front when she sees a good band. Before she could walk, when we would go see Wade, Ange and Leigh rock out at MA she would CRAWL up to front of the room and hang out on the speaker stands. At church, she likes to dance at the front, and frankly it's easier to have more room to let her roam. Lately though she's been covering her ears at the loud music, and I noticed one of our local children's stores had begun to stock ear muffs, so yesterday we ventured out to get some.
When we were in the store, she wasn't so jazzed about the idea, so I was showing her the picture they had on display of Apple, Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow's little girl wearing a pair. (I have always thought when I saw Chris or Gwyneth interviewed anywhere that we would get along really well with them, and we both have 2 kids near the same age, it'd be fun, I think.) I explained that the ear muffs were for when she watched Daddy play music and that this little girl in the picture was watching her Daddy play music too. (Tho' Wade did dryly add Apple's Daddy made more money than he did.)
After she got the ear muffs and showed them to Uncle Matt and Auntie and Leigh she thought they were cooler and this morning she was excitedly trying them on in the mirror before church. She then said, "I can put my thumb in my mouth." And started to suck her thumb. I didn't get any connection, and then she said, "I have my thumb like the little girl with the pink ear muffins." I registered recognition, "Oh. yes!" Then Soph said. "She watch her Mummy and Daddy play music too!" Then she said, "Maybe we see her at church one day!" So I said, "I would love to see her at church one day, let's pray about that."
So that is why this morning Soph and I were praying for Apple and Gwyneth and Chris Martin, that they'd get to church and get to know Jesus better. You just never know.
No comments:
Post a Comment