Saturday, February 24, 2007

10 good things about today

1. Sophia did not hit Eleanor all day. (We had a near biting incident, but she got me instead and after we amended the note to say "Don't Hurt Me" [see yesterday's post] we were fine.)

2. Soph and I played playdough and she made Eleanor a wicked playdough birthday cake.

3. The trees on Victoria Dr outside my window are starting to bud.

4. Sophia discovered that if you hold her mouth in different ways when you cough it makes different noises.

5. The colour green that Wade painted the walls in our room the week before Eleanor was born is so lovely it changes about 4 times a day as the light in the room changes.

6. A guy in a chicken restaurant on Hastings St. gave Sophia a ball that has lights and noise when you bounce it that she shared with the neighbour boy (Eli, not Dennis the Menace)

7. Wade is growing a beard that has wicked silver highlights.

8. I went out of the house! For coffee! With a friend! On her birthday!

9. Wade finally slept. Me too (a little) and Soph went to bed like a champ, no bribes, no tantrums.

10. I have a baby girl who is so soft and schmoopie and gorgeous and mellow and placid and bright and incredibly yummy and amazing I would do all this again (at least) twice for her.

2 comments:

auntiecaroline said...

what a brilliant,talented, funny,adaptable woman you are. you are coping incredibly well. a gratitude journal is one of the recommendations for Post partum Depression(which I am not saying you have at all)just that you are doing so many great,right things.i found a card you wrote me in a gift bag tha I had missed today. how fun to read it. what a brilliant stratedgy for sophia to write a note. sarah kept bringing my slippers to Gary and crying tonight when I went out for an hour. She knew I wasn't there and wasn't happy about it!

Leanne said...

i think i am going to write 10 things to be thankful for. with my health not being wonderful, i have been looking at things pessimistically, but counting the things that are good is such a wonderful thing to do. thanks, jo.