Tuesday, February 27, 2007

happy half-birthday, soph!

Today Sophia turned exactly 2 and a half! It was also our first day hanging out with just the girls (me Soph and Eleanor), as Wade worked a roadie shift all day and his Mum headed home yesterday. We did really well, I was really blessed - I 'm also so blessed my brother bought me a snazzy new sling that saved me a couple times when I needed to cuddle Eleanor and needed to help Soph as well.

The other fabulous thing was that Uncle Leigh came over and we took our incredible new stroller for a test drive for Eleanor's first walk. We all took it easy and celebrated Soph's half-birthday with a mini lemon pie in the park and then some time on the swings. It is so great, and it was so nice to go for a walk after two weeks inside. Here is Soph testing out the "big sister seat" on the stroller with Wade last night.



We also got a care package from our dear friend Heather today for my birthday and new baby congrats. I can barely get thank you cards written and Heather is one of those amazing people who not only remebered me, but made exquisite hand made cards for each of us, and then sent of a whole box of thoughtful, yummy, gorgeous (and more handmade!) gifts for everyone. Wow...I've been so blown away by all of you who have written, called, sent gifts and cards, brought meals, we are so blessed. (Have I said lately we're blessed?)

Here is Soph with her two goodies, goldfish crackers and big sister jammies! It was ironic as she totaly boycotted her nap, (thanks for praying, i stayed pretty chilled out) and then she got up, opened these, put them on and said, "I'm going to bed."





And Eleanor is a champion - here we are celebrating A. Eleanor Joie Pallister's super baby neck strength...isn't she cute?

2 comments:

Leanne said...

crazy what children will do or say. yeah, like going to bed in the middle of the day cuz of new jammies. wish i could do that. i'd buy new jammies all the time. love u!

joanna said...

i love you too lea, and jammies too...i actually have several jammies from you...thanks for commenting, too.

jo