Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Thank God

We're all stil adjusting to each other. Wade and I are trying to figure out how to deal with our usually well-behaved child who now freaks out over the slightest thing. We're getting grace moment by moment, but it is pretty heart breaking to watch Sophia not know what to do with herself at times. Knowing that you, our family ALL over the world read this blog and love us and pray for us, gives me a sense of community in a way I didn't know technology could provide. We're doing well.

Last night at bedtime, due to an epic freak out the night before, we took things really gently and slowly. We wound up all four of us (4, yep, 4 of us now) in my and Wade's bed. Did stories and then Sophia was nursing and Eleanor was sleeping on Wade. It was moment of absolute bliss after a tiring day and I was so grateful.

I began to pray out out loud, thanking God for all the good things in our lives. I stopped and said to Sophia, "Is there anything you would like to thank God for?" and she pointed to me, tapping on my chest. Touched, I said, "Mummy?" and she said, "No, boobies." Wade said, "Amen."

5 comments:

Leanne said...

oh boy...the things you're teaching kids these days. ;) kory and i are praying for you guys. i can't imagine the adjustments by all...but i know you guys are awesome parents. love you all.

j. oates said...

joanna, my dear friend, how i miss you and think of you, will definitely be praying for your whole family! you are soooo loved.

globebug said...

thanks for keeping this going despite having a very full plate right now! wish i could be there to meet your wonderful daughters and help out.
love ya,
h. x

Stu Bish said...

Consider that your birthday present to me..... I laughed out loud for a long time.

See you SOON!

jacqui said...

i agree - that's the funniest thing i've heard all day. that's why sophie IS a ray of sunshine ... i have been and will be praying