Saturday, June 16, 2007

i'm so glad

I'm so glad that I don't have a reality show filming in my house. I was just trying to scoop leftover rice out of the serving bowl into a plastic storage container and it was spilling everywhere. I was too tired to try and control it so I just let it spill over the counter, and I thought, "If anyone was watching this, they would think I was so stupid. It's this kind of thing that got Jessica Simpson mocked so badly."

I'm so glad I have a little girl who has a cool imagination. We spent a half an hour today pretending I was a kid and she was my Grandma. Grandma is 4, drives a blue school bus, and when she was my age, she was going to grow up to be a cat. She sang me a lullaby called "Mary had a Little Monster". Here she is pretending to be in church:



I'm so glad beautiful art exists. Through my friend Mary's blog I was introduced to this thoughtful, talented woman today. I think Jessi, Em and Jamie will especially love her work.

2 comments:

j. oates said...

i do love it...i'
m just catching up on all the blogs....

Anonymous said...

sophia... making people smile all over the world. Like me, smiling in Spain.