Friday, September 28, 2007

another post already....

This morning Sophia and I were having a contest to see who was grumpier and no one was winning. Jennifer called right at the moment when I was losing it and invited us out for coffee. Time with her and Rebecca at a family-friendly cafe, time in the park, collecting gorgeous fall leaves were all therapy much needed for us both. We made art later.

It finally dawned on me, after saying to multiple friends, "I don't know what to do. Sophia keeps hurting Eleanor and nothing we are trying is working", that I could pray about this. I feel like an idiot to not have thought of it before. What a concept, huh? So, if you think of it, and you are reading this, could you please pray Sophia will stop hurting Ella? I think it is all about power, attention and drama, which are no strangers to my own personality - but I guess the fruits of the Holy Spirit will do the trick. I could use some of those too as I feel farther and farther from them every time I get SO mad Sophia has hurt Eleanor again. It makes me feel like a terrible Mum and just need some help... and we've tried it all, I think.


On the good side, they do (miraculously) adore each other and Eleanor looks at Soph like she hung the moon. (Thank God.) Sophia has taken to greeting Eleanor by saying "Hey Ella Bella, the cat and the fella, the cow jumped over the moon."

Photos taken by Nunuboo at a soap event we recently attended.

Even though I say I think we've tried everything, I'd still love any encouragement or advice anyone has to offer.....

No comments: