One of the things that Sophia has picked up on is that when we are sore or injured or even sad, we pray for one another. This has proven to be a source of some really lovely moments over the last few months, as all we need to do is even mention we have some kind of ache or pain and Soph will pray.
Last Wednesday my dear brother was in a pretty serious car accident. He was driving the van for the theatre company he tours with and they hit black ice. Despite Mat's best efforts, the van went off the road and flipped, and it was declared miraculous by the attending police officers that a) they all walked out of the van, and b) that Matthew didn't (literally) lose his head. When Mat came home and told Soph about the crash and his subsequent sore back, he was immediately blessed by a small hand laid upon him and faithful prayers for his sore back...lovely indeed.
Night before last Soph inquired as to how I was doing, as in the weeks after Eleanor's birth I was really uncomfortable with engorgement. Those of you who are faithful readers of this blog know Soph still nurses at bedtime and of her love for the same. Due to the amused response I got last time, I will take the risk of posting two 'spiritual boobie' stories in the same month...
"Mum, your boobies still hurt?"
"No, they don't. Thank you very much for praying for me. I think God heard your prayers."
"Mum, did Jesus check out your boobies?"
(Insert Mum recovering her I'm-not-going-to-laugh-because-I-want-to-catch-this-teachable moment-face)
"Yes, sweetheart, I think Jesus did check out my boobies and helped them feel all better."
Some kind of nod of affirmative response from Soph...
Hooray for two year olds and for simple faith.
By the way...
i am digging my new 'neo flags' counter on the blog, and i'm curious to know who is reading. I'm pretty sure i know who is reading from switzerland and japan, but not sure who is reading from the UK, germany and croatia! I also just would love to hear from you, canada and the USA, so leave me a comment when you can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
great boobie stories! well, i'm from the usa and i am secretly flying to croatia every night to engage in email spam and blogger hacking. i hope you don't mind. i like reading your stories. what crazy children you raise in canada. ;) love you loads.
I love your entries Jo. Seriously. Even if they're about boobies. To be honest with you, I can only hope that one day my husband and I can raise kids half as well as you and Wade do. I admire so much the way you are with Soph and Eleanor. I love your family! And when life calms down (however many months from now that is) I totally want to call you guys up for the famed BBQ. xoxo
I think your a great mum, I love reading stories about Soph and the thoughts you have, it's really sweet, and I hope to be a mother like you someday!
thanks so much guys...go USA! you are the only peopple who answered my question. way to represent!
Post a Comment