Sunday, March 11, 2007

fairies and the 'no

Yesterday we participated in an event called 'birthfest'
with our soap company. Wade worked his butt off setting it all up and then Eleanor and I went and manned (or womanned)the table. It was so fun to just be out,talking to people and showing off Eleanor, and I do like selling our soap. We shared a table with Sandra and we had a blast talking up each other's fabulous wares. It seemed like an awesome time of connection with people too, and there were some good leads for how we can do more with our soap and build relationships too (which is the point of why we're doing the soap thing as YWAMers anyway.)

At the end of the day I found out that I had won one of the door prizes -
well the coolest door prize, actually! It was a basket of gifts from a
company called natural pod. It had some beautiful little wooden toys and a gorgeous pair of sheepskin slippers from NZ for Eleanor, and a felted ball, a little silk I gave to Sophia. But the best thing was the DOLL.



That's right, that is a handmade, organic $110.00 doll, and yes, she does have rainbow dreads! Her hair is made of silk remnants woven by people in Nepal! Ours is like the one above, but her wings are prettier, our has even better, more colourful,
beautiful hair, and ours is wearing a fabulous tutu made of purple tulle! I have hidden it, along with a little blanket that came with it too, and I think we will give it Sophia for Easter - grand prize in the Easter egg hunt n'est pas?.... If she is half as excited as I am about it, we will be having fun for sure.

When we came home from birthfest, this is the conversation I had with Sophia:
(she greeted me at the top of the stairs wearing my scarf)
S: "Hi Mum, you want to come out in the 'no with me?"
J: "Ooh, you're going out in the snow?"
S: "Yeah, get your 'carf on." (we got scarves and got them on.)
J: "Sophia, I think I'm going to have a cup of tea, would you like one?"
S: "Yes, thank you so much!"
J: "How did you get to be so polite?"
S: "Because I am so 'pecial!"
laughing and hugging ensued....

(not every moment of the day is like this, for sure - but these are the ones I like writing about)

4 comments:

Leanne said...

yeah, sophs a doll. can't wait to see eleanor. she might be 10 by the time we get there. ummm...seriously, i can't wait that long! i want to be there now. i miss you guys. i feel like i lose out on so much. can't wait to talk. love, lea

Audrey Whitesides said...

hey, i just found out that you have been blogging lots, i haven't been reading much blogs recently, and i just spent a long time catching up...your relationship with your girls sounds so amazing, i really miss soph, her cute voice, there are so many things about her that make me smile...miss you...

Lindsey said...

ok, that is the most amazing doll i have ever seen!

joanna said...

i miss all you guys too - i can't believe you're all in differnet countries. thanks for reading and commenting,
jo