Tuesday, March 13, 2007

the things we say

My sister Caroline, who has five lovely, lively kids, told me once that you say things as a parent that you never, ever thought you would say. She once sent me a hilarious email with a list of all the things she had said that week to her boys. (She has four boys, and now one little girl, the princess Sarah.) I wish I could remember them all, my favourite one was:
"No, you cannot have my sandwich, you puked on yours."

I thought of this this morning, when I heard Wade say to Sophia, "Stop Sophia! Stop! You cannot walk down the stairs with a mask on!" She had found Wade's sleep mask and was making her way down our (hard wood! rail-less!) stairs.

I am pretty sure before I had kids I also never said things like:
"Don't stick that bread up your nose."
"Stop hitting the cat with your hammer."
"Dora, please take off your backpack and sit in your eating chair for bunny noodles."
"We don't throw trains at the baby in our house."

If you've said a great sentence lately, let me know.

P.S. I will do a post about Eleanor soon!

2 comments:

Wayne Shauan said...

Hi Jo, I've just discovered your wonderful blog! I have had the best time reading through everything you've written! I love your family so much! Karyn (Avery's mama)

joanna said...

thanks karyn we LOVE you too! i miss you guys, how are you?
let me know sometime,
jo