Tuesday, September 02, 2008

guest appearance by.... the nephews

At my parents 40th anniversary blessing this summer - my sister Elizabeth and her kids couldn't come: L to R back row: My brother Matthew, Fr. Sean, Dad Bob, Mummy Helen, Brother in law Gary, Caroline, yours truly, Wade & Eleanor. Middle row: Caleb, Garet, Judah. Front row: Sarah, Jedidiah, Sophia.
My youngest sister Caroline is a great friend and a great Mum. She has 5 kids, (yes, 5 kids) and she and I often trade funny things our kids say, or sometimes even better, funny things we say to our kids. Some of the great things she has said include. "No, you can not eat my sandwich, you puked on yours." and "Stop choking yourself with the cord of those blinds and get in the car."

Today she sent me this email:
Caroline says, 'Okay kids, I am taking you to the Fall Fair Office to take your exhibits in today. Can you behave yourselves so we can get it done? It's very busy there. You know, listen, don't run around. Usually I get someone else to watch you while I do it but this year can we try doing it just us?'
Judah says,'If I disobey can I go to my friend's house?'(If my friend was watching them he'd be playing with his friends)

Caroline says,'Okay, what I'm really saying is if you run around and scream your heads off I'll keep all your fall fair money and spank you.'

Caleb says,'Excuse me Mom, but if we screamed our heads off then our head would be on the gravatron and our body would be on the ferris wheel at the same time.'

Garet says,'Mom, if we screamed our heads off, taking away our fall fair money wouldn't actually be a punishment because we'd already be dead!'

Caroline collapses in laughter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Recent Quote by Me to Caleb while on vacation in Parlsville,"Why do you have that sweatshirt stuck on your head! Get out of traffic while you have that thing on your head. You can't see where you are going. Come here so I can get that off of you. (Last sentence said laughing when I realized how ridiculous I sounded!)Caroline

Anonymous said...

We made the blog! We're famous! WE made the blog!
love Caroline and boys and Sarah.

Actually Sarah said "Where's me? Where's me?"
And the boys liked seeing the picture. They are feeling cool that they are so funny.