
Soph's fat lip and scratched chin and her best bear, G.T.
7 Hard Things About This Week:
1. Even though my Mum cautioned me, and my friend Jenn (who's husband travels WAY more than mine) warned me 're-entry' would be hard, I took a bunch of roadie shifts for Wade this week, so even though he was home, he wasn't, and I melted down hard by Wednesday.
2. I worked my butt off to get Wade's schedule just right and then STILL messed something up, so not only did he wind up not getting to go the Bjork concert his friend was trying to take him to, he missed a shift that would have helped us out financially. I cried, and then started a huge fight with Wade. Not my finest hour all 'round.
3. Our bags are still not unpacked and our laundry is still not touched at all, and I still have not sorted Eleanor's clothes out...sigh.
4. On Wednesday when Sophia bit Eleanor on the face.
5. On Thursday when Sophia bit Eleanor on the face again and then I spanked her.
6. Going back on two things (in the last 2 weeks) I really wanted not to do: give Eleanor a soother and spank Sophia. While I don't regret either thing now, it was so hard to not to have Wade around to talk to about it at the time.
7. The first time Wade had both girls outside alone (I was having a break), Sophia fell and her face hit the pavement so hard that Wade came upstairs with both of them crying, one under each arm, blood streaming from Sophia's face all over him and her face and hands. It was the first time she's bled that much and it was all I could do stay calm.

Daddy reads to his girls. (note Soph's tongue and Eleanor's super baby neck strength)
11 Good Things About This Week:
1. Wade came home. Hallelujah. Hallelujah. Thank You, dearest Jesus.
2. I surprised Wade in a HUGE way with painted ceilings and a totally cool garden make-over that my friends Pete, Jessa, Adam and Sarah helped me pull off while he was away.(They worked SO hard!) Wade just said ""Metal. Metal.", and made rock and roll signs with his hands. It was great!
3. Eleanor started laughing. It is bubbles of joy popping in the sun.
4. Leanne surprised us with the BEST care package with super cute slippers for me, a Klaver/Kooima blankie for Ella, stickers and stripy tights for Soph, amazing custom Jah Jireh iron-on and water bottle for Wade and beautiful cards for everyone. Is there anything better than a care package? I'm gonna make one for someone one of these days myself, I think. (Okay, maybe not this week.)
5. Having my friend Pam there to say, "You are not a bad parent" after I spanked Soph.
6. My new cushions, lampshade and candle holders that have all helped me embrace my stripy green furniture, which I now really love.
7. Having margaritas two nights this week. And the second time, they were made with my favourite kind of tequila. The kind someone else bought.
8. The lovely gifts Wade brought us home from Cambodia. I especially love the little purse he got that matches the dress I wore to Ange's wedding. I loved that HE was so pleased with what he got us too. (Oh yes, and the tequila was good too.)
9. When I was being silly and not doing what Soph wanted me to, after trying to distract her several times, she said, "Mum! Focus!" Yeah, that makes me laugh again just typing it. And after she fell, she said to Wade and I, "You guys..you guys, you made me all better!"
10. The voice of God, which spoke Peace to me so many times.
11. My brother, who did the same.
6 comments:
beautiful. -S.
I can't help but comment - your posts have been exceptionally brilliant these days. Thanks for your honest - love you!
i loved this. you are brilliant i agree and such a GOOD mum. i miss you .. wishing we could just sit together.. hug. i love you. thanks for being so honest and real.
i love you all so freaking much
yeah, you are pretty amazing jo! thank you for all your prayers...
man, i feel pretty affirmed. love you too...you guys really are my babes, my lifeline, all around the world...
Post a Comment