Sunday, May 06, 2007

tubby time

I feel like there is so much to say...I'll try to be concise - not a strong point for me.

I went to a journaling workshop last night with Kim McMechan (remember when we went up to her in the bar and told her we loved her, Heather? She totally remembered!) It was an amazing time and it was really what I needed. God spoke to me in a huge way and it really woke up a lot in me.

Soph has been wearing no diapers during the day for the last 2 days. She has also begun having temper tantrums...like the week after Eleanor was born, I think the change in things with Wade being away is definitely what's up. I just need wisdom to know what to do - a different thing seems to work each time but it's like i have to go through all the other things first to discover what the right thing is. (Sigh) Please pray for her. Of course, there are fabulous things each day too. It was sad today she came home from Sunday school and told me a girl had lipgloss and shared with 4 other kids and not her. It was SO sad. Is it wrong for me to go hunt the girl down and buy Sophia ice cream in front of her and not share?

Eleanor has held a rattle a couple of times and tonight she swung at and hit a rattle hanging over her head. It is amazing. She is growing up at light speed. Literally, I mean it...I feel bad for Wade that he's missing the first rattle hits.

I was so tired today I fell asleep in church. My church is so great, I really felt like I was going there for a break. Everyone takes good care of us there. My brother helped me out a tonne today which was great. When I was bathing Soph tonight he came and put Eleanor in the tub. It was awesome.





3 comments:

Sandra Vander Schaaf said...

I hate watching children learn the "some people are mean" lesson. I hope Soph is spared the cold that the other four kids are getting from that lipgloss!

Great bathing babes shot. Little AE is looking more ginger-haired these days. Lovely!

-S.

Heather said...

i would love to go to one of her workshops. so jealous. oh and that time at the pub was hilarious.. we were soo cool!! i love it. thanks for blogging jo. i think about you daily and miss you so much...

Lindsey said...

jo, i love the pictures!! you have the cutest kids ever!!