Thanks to those of you who have been praying and thinking of us, the last two days there were far less temper tantrums - none yesterday, actually.
I have been thinking about why I like to blog. There is aspect of community - like the above, when I am having trouble, I know someone knows about it, without the energy of thinking, "Who should I call to tell this to?" With my life right now, most times that's too tiring and just telling the blog means anyone who cares to know, will know. Sometimes I want to tell everyone some great, cute, smart thing one of my kids did, but would feel obnoxious telling everyone face-to-face, so I tell it on the blog and anyone who cares to know, will know. And sometimes, like when Andrea died, I just want to tell someone and I really don't care who, and I tell the blog, and anyone who cares to know, will know.
I also like to tell stories, and always have. I was reading in the little book I got from the journaling workshop I went to, and the author says this abut her own discovery: "Sometimes we walk through our messes and we can't necessarily explain them away. That is why, in time, it is important for us to turn our lives into story." Now, because I know that you are listening, I think often, when something happens that I enjoy, or - even more - when something happens that is so hard or silly or frustrating or ridiculous, I seem to be afforded more grace, or patience, or perspective on the situation because I think "I want to post about this" and I want the story to be a good one, and my actions are improved by your potential audience. I find the beauty in the mess, and that is a gift to me - and I hope, as well, to you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
and that is exactly why i like to blog as well. and i get to hear all of your news without always having to schedule a phone call. i also like to read your blog because you are so freakin hilarious. ;)
as are you, my funny friend, as are you.
Post a Comment