Yikes! I can't fall of the bandwagon yet, it's only day 2. I had an exciting night. I was sorting the sock box, (We have so many odd socks, I stick them in a box. Then once a month, I sort them. I know. Good times.) when I saw a message from my friend Shannon saying she had extra tickets to see Glen Hansard. Yep, Irish, charming - the guy who won an Oscar with a hole in his guitar Glen Hansard.
And I got to go. And it was magic, inspiring, brilliant, soul-filling. So I am home after midnight, so technically this will say I posted it on Oct 3, but since I haven't been to bed yet, it's today.
I wanted to post two quotes that really, I should have just walked over to the computer and opened up this here blog and busted them out when they happened, but... I was out of practice. So I put them here. Because it is after midnight and I need to still check my lesson plans for tomorrow.
In March, I was just singing Sophia to sleep and she kept smiling. When her eyes flickered open, I said, "What are you thinking about?" She answered, "Fancy hotels, and flowers, and arts and crafts, and cowboys." This is the wonder of getting to be with Sophia Joanna Jubilee. I wrote a poem about it later.
And an Eleanor quote. She told me she wanted me to keep her company while she was in the bathroom and then said, "Company is an important thing in life. Love, life, company, food.. Oh! and house. Maybe house is the most important. And air. Air is important too. How many things is that?"
So, I would say that qualifies as a post on home, as Eleanor says, "house is important too."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment