For Sat Oct 12
Finished reading Charlotte's Web with the girls. It has truly become one of my favourite books. I weep whenever I read about Charlotte dying, I think the sentence "No one was with her when she died." is one of the saddest sentences in literature.
This was the quote that stood out to me this time. Sophia agreed it was timely, not because she feels like we are waiting to go to Thailand, and actually, neither do I anymore, not in that pressing, urgent way, but in waiting to see what happens with this Just Soap dream all together. Sophia felt it was more for her about waiting to have her ears pierced.
The narrative says, in anticipation of the arrival of Charlotte's children after her death,
"Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or hatch."
I think I have moved from pressing and urgent and uncertain to rich and steady. That feels good, as if Charlotte would approve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
A rich and steady time. I like this thought very much.
Post a Comment