For Sunday Oct 5
Yesterday, on Sunday, we had a busy morning with various church commitments and a big lunch after church. We were all tired and when we came home, Pax fell asleep. The wonder of the afternoon was, so did Wade and I. The girls played and watched some Netflix, and we slept until Pax woke up. The girls crawled into bed with me and we read Charlotte's Web and ate chocolate while Wade made supper. Our upstairs neighbours are away, so the house was quieter, and while our girls adore having their little girls to play with all the time, it was so nice to have no one coming and going. We all settled in and had the most restful, lazy afternoon and evening. I can not remember the last time we did that, and I am not just using an expression. I actually can not remember a day so restful in our recent family history.
It occurred to me that I would not have been able to be so relaxed and restful had I been purposeful about making this house feel more like home for myself in the last few weeks. It has not been much of anything physical, simply being more intentional about tidying up, getting out my fall decorations, choosing to light candles in the evening, and embracing this season of fall in all its fruitfulness and wisdom. The incredible sunshine has been helpful beyond expression. It blesses me that this is how patient and caring God is in speaking to me when I am aware. Layer upon layer, moment upon moment, building one on the other until I am able to say: "How did we arrive at this lovely place? Ah, yes, all your hints and nudges, pointing me in this right direction. Thank you."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment