Monday, October 29, 2012

Ken's Turkeys

Me: Hey, Pax, come on and play Barbies with us. You can be this guy, his name is Ken. What do you think his job is?

Eleanor: Oh, I know what his job is. He kills turkeys and puts in them in stores.

Me: For people to eat at Thanksgiving and Christmas?

E: Yes.

Me (to Pax, in character as Kelly, my Barbie): Hey Ken, how are things going at your turkey farm?

Pax (as Ken): Not so good. Somebody stoled all my turkeys.

Me: Someone stole all your turkeys?

Pax: Yeah.

Me: Could we find them? Could we solve the mystery?

Eleanor (in character, as Andy the mermaid): I will do my dolphin call down at the ocean.

Me: Okay, go down to the docks and see what you can see.

Andy the mermaid sounds a distress call from the ocean.

Sophia (in character as Abbey, the British Barbie with the Peter Rabbit dress): Everyone dive in the water! And take a look at the underwater docks.

All Barbies dive under art easel and surface, looking through the paint tray at the shady business taking place at the docks.

Sophia: Look, they are unloading that truck, and all the turkeys have yellow tags on them, that say "Ken's Turkeys".


I am not kidding you, "Ken's Turkeys".


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh this made me have an absolute giggle! A big hello to your family :D

Jan said...

Okay. Seriously. "someone has taken all my turkeys"???? What a nutter!

joanna said...

I know, I love that.