For Thurs Oct 4
Thursday I had an opportunity to meet some of the students for our new training school. I have the incredible privilege to meet with two of them once a week to help them process what they are thinking, feeling and learning for the school.
When I did my own missions training school I met my good friend Heidi. Heidi grew up between two different countries and had strong ties and allegiances to her parents home countries as well. For her, one of the hardest questions to be asked is "Where are you from?". It still is, though, the first thing I want to know, and one of the first things I ask. I think of Heidi every time I ask the question.
I had an opportunity to talk to a girl from Sweden the other day. She has been sick since she arrived in Canada, and she spoke of missing home. For her, home was the forest, the cold forest with open spaces. I thought again of my friend Heidi, who loves Scandinavia so much. I am praying for a Swedish angel for my new friend, one who has walked those forests and can keep her company in her new home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aww, thanks Joanna!! Great post. Miss you guys. :)
Miss you always Heids, and it good to carry you with me!
Post a Comment