Friday, October 05, 2012

Welcome

This the Five Minute Friday theme from The Gypsy Mama Lisa-Jo Baker at www.lisajobaker.com. I love her. Thanks for the repeat encouragements to tell my story.

Welcome.

I work for a missions organization, and there are times when people come to work with us, that they have left everything familiar to them to come and join us.  I still remember when my friends Mark and Karen left their home, uprooted their three kids, changed jobs and moved from another country to come and work with us, my dearest Angela met them at the door of our ministry centre and the first thing she said to them was, "Welcome Home". Mark never for got it either.

It has taken me a while to embrace our current house as home. This week we had our friends over. We always go to their house because is bigger, but this week, I knew it was really important to not just cook food for them and take it there, but that I needed to have them here, so it felt more like my home. We creatively shuffled all around and passed things in arms reach from the counter, and it was crowded and perfect. I need to be welcomed but I learned this week I need to welcome others too, that it is just as vital for me to say, come on in, this place is safe, this is warm, this is home.


3 comments:

healingsoul said...

Thank you for sharing your life experience in welcome. I love the casual get-togethers also. And it is the place that is warm and safe that we feel most welcome.

susanwalkergirl said...

Oh goodness, I do like that. Angela's "Welcome Home" must have greatly touched your guest's heart when they needed it the most.

Crowded though it may have been it sounds like it was just right.

By the way...love the picture at the top of your blog and the quote from your daughter. Thanks for sharing!

Denise said...

Appreciate your sharing this, may you be blessed.